Monday, January 21, 2008

Superbowl

So it's going to be the Patriots against the Giants. Unfortunately. I'm a Jets fan, so this is almost as bad as if the Red Sox were facing the Mets in the World Series. Who can I root for? The lesser of the two evils is obviously the Giants, so I'm going to be rooting for them, but in all honesty I cannot see them beating the Patriots. As good as the Giants have been the last couple of weeks (outside of last night, they were "ok"), I don't see them either playing up to the level of the Patriots or getting the Pats to play down to their level. The Pats are just too good and it just bugs me to death.

First the Red Sox won the Series, now the Pats are going to win the Superbowl, and it's a high possibility that the Celtics could get to the NBA Finals and even come out on top. As a Yanks/New York fan, this is my worst year for sports ever. The Giants need to pull off one of the greatest upsets in Superbowl history. Everything about the Pats annoys me, they just need to win.

I realize that the Pats are easily one of the greatest teams ever, and I'm not trying to downplay them in anyway. But I hate them. Why does Belicheck wear a sweatshirt with cutoff sleeves? They're just one of those teams that anything they do I will always hate them. And need I say spygate? As good as they are and where they make their mark in history, no one will forget about spygate. It's a huge blackeye on their perfect season.

So please, Giants, for the sake of all mankind, win.

No comments: