Sunday, March 9, 2008

Carolina Blue

Last night was #1 North Carolina vs. #5 Duke at Cameron Indoor Stadium (Duke's home court) and Carolina won the game by 10. Perrrrfect! I hate everything there is about Duke and love everything there is about UNC so I was extremely happy last night. When talking to my dad he asked me who I thought would win the game, and I told him if Danny Greene played well then Carolina would win (in the first meeting Danny Greene and Wayne Ellington shot a combine 4-24). Well you tell me how be played: game-high 18 points, 8 rebounds and 7 blocks. Whenever Carolina needed a big play he was there to make it. Now I'm not trying to brag, but I am. Greene is their x-factor. If he plays well, UNC has a much better shot of winning. It's also worth mentioning that Tyler Hansborough had 16 points and 15 rebounds and Wayne Ellington also had 16 points. Ty Lawson, who did not play in the first matchup against Duke, had 10 points and 4 assists. Carolina should have solidified their bid for the #1 seed in the East bracket, barring any loss in the ACC tournament.

No comments: