Tuesday, August 25, 2009

(2) - Basterds in Revolt

I'm trying here, to post as often as I can. Sometimes it slips my mind. It will have to be a quick post this morning.

I'm currently in the middle of the book "Youth in Revolt" by CD Payne. Probably the darkest comedy I've ever read. Now I haven't read a ton of books, but this one has such a twisted sense of humor. Sometime's I'm cracking up, and others I'm wondering what the fuck was going through this guy's mind as he was writing this? Either way, it's a decently long book, roughly 500 pages. It's separated into three parts; I'm on part two: Youth in Bondage. It was made into a movie which is being released this fall starring Michael Cera.

Saw "Inglorious Basterds" over the weekend. Simply put: outstanding. My top five movies of the year now look like: Up, Inglorious Basterds, The Hurt Locker, District 9, (500) Days of Summer. I'll release my top movies of 2009 in early January, so keep reading to find out. Back to the movie, so great. It's my third favorite of his movies (after Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill). I have it as #25 in my top movies of all-time. I'll have to repost that list at some point as the movies have gotten a bit jumbled.

Downloaded the scores to Inglorious Basteds and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly this weekend. Excellent work. Ennio Morricone really puts you in a specific mood.

That's all for now, off to a meeting.

Peace.

No comments: